Monday, March 31, 2014

Painted Poppies

Hi there, Stampin' Friends!  I feel in love with a painted poppies creation made by Lydia Fiedler.  I knew I wanted to give it a try.  I used acrylic paint and Stampin' Up! reinkers to do this technique.

I started with a piece of watercolor paper and painted it with Gesso.  I heat dryed it just to speed up the process.  Next I inked up the Pleasant Poppies stamp with black Stazon and stamped it onto the watercolor paper.  I mixed white acrylic paint and a few drops of  Island Indigo reinker to paint the background.  Once the background was all painted and dried, I made more 'reinker paint' with Tangerine Tango (poppies), Always Artichoke (stems and buds), and Early Espresso (center of the poppies).  I am happy with the way it turned out.

.
 I used the retired ticket corner punch and mounted the painted image on black card stock before mounting it with foam mounting tape to the black card base.  The verse is embossed with white embossing powder.  The acrylic paint was a fun medium to incorporate with my stamping.

The lines from the Stazon lines from the stamped image show faintly through the painted areas.  The texture of this card is truly like a painting.  However, it is difficult to capture with my camera.

Supplies:
Stamp Sets: Pleasant Poppies, Blessings from Heaven
Card Stock: Watercolor paper, Black, Whisper White (inside)
Ink: Island Indigo, Tangerine Tango, Always Artichoke, Early Espresso, Black Stazon
Tools: Gesso, Acrylic Paint, paintbrushes, ticket corner punch (retired), foam mounting tape (could use dimensionals)

Please leave a comment.  I'd love to know what you think about this fun mixed media creation.  If you have questions, please ask!

Blessings ~
RaeDeen

No comments:

Post a Comment