Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Shop Around Queen

Hi there, Stampin' Friends.  The moment I saw the Shop Around Wheel in the 2013-2014 catalog, I knew I wanted it!  I personally struggle using the wheels...getting an even coverage of ink and getting it straight really frustrate me.  My solution is to 'unmount' the wheel and make it into a stamp.  This makes it usable and enjoyable for me. I use a craft knife to cut the seam on the rubber while it is mounted to the wheel. Once I have cut all the way through the rubber, I peel the stamp off the plastic wheel.  Using the Clear-Mount Cling Foam # 124236 on pg 197, I mount the stamp to the sticky side of the foam, and cut around the stamp and  Presto! A new stamp!!  I store them on an acetate sheet in a 3 ring binder.  They would also fit nicely in the Clear Mount Cases #119105 on pg. 197.

Here is what I created with the wheel... I used a Black Stampin' Write marker to ink just a portion of the stamp and then stamped it on the dress form. 




Here is a close up showing the dimension: 


Supply List:
Stamp Sets: Shop Around, Creative Elements, Postage Collection
Card Stock: Very Vanilla, Basic Black
Ink: Black Stazon, Black Stampin' Write marker

7/8" Cotton Ribbon, Dress Up Framelits, Basic Rhinestones, Dimensionals

Feel free to leave a comment and if you have questions, please ask!

Blessings ~ RaeDeen

No comments:

Post a Comment