Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Hey, Chick Partial Die Cutting

Hi there, Stampin' Friends!  I've been wanting to try this technique for longer than I can remember.  This is my first go at it.  I will be using this technique again.  It allows you to have a portion of your stamped image outside of your die cut.  There are several videos on YouTube if you search 'partial die cutting'.



I stamped the chick with Archival Black ink onto water color paper, colored with reinkers and water color pencils, and then die cut it with the Stitched Shapes framelits using the partial die cutting technique. Using my paper snips, I cut down the sides of the chick's neck so I could slip the Christmas wreath over her head.  I cut the scalloped circle with the Layering Circle framelits and attached to the top layer.

Dimension was added to the scallop circle using dimensionals, to the wreath with rolled glue dots, and to the bow using the bone folder to curl the bow and tails.

If you have any questions, please ask.

Blessings ~
RaeDeen

Supply List:
Stamp Sets: Hey, Chick, Teeny Tiny Wishes, Santa's Sleigh
Card Stock: Whisper White Notecard, Whisper White, Water Color Paper, Real Red
Ink: Black Archival, Real Red, Garden Green, Real Red and Crumb Cake reinkers, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, and Pacific Point Colored Pencils, Red Sharpie (for pearls)
Other: Big Shot, Softly Falling embossing folder, Stitched Shapes framelits, Layering Circle framelits, Circle framelits (retired, for the center of the wreath), Paper Snips, Pearls, Dimensionals, Glue Dots, Aqua Painter


2 comments:

  1. She sure makes a super cute 'Christmas Chick', doesn't she? Thanks, Stephanie for taking the time to leave some sweet words!

    ReplyDelete