Sunday, December 18, 2016

J is for Jesus

Hi there, Stampin' Friends!  When the holiday catalog came out and I spotted the candy cane stamp in the set Banners for Christmas, I saw something totally different... a "J".  So came to life this Christmas card:


I paired the stamp up with the stamp from Reason for the Season to get this:

Here is a photo of both the outside and the inside.

I embossed the white card stock with a non-SU embossing folder, stamped the "J" with versa mark, sprinkled with heat and stick powder, warmed that up with the heat tool to melt it, then sprinkled it with the Real Red glitter and warmed it again to set it.  I used my embossing buddy to prevent glitter from getting in places I didn't want it.  The humidity must be rather high in my home because I still ended up having to use a paint brush to brush the stray glitter off my card...but in the end, it was worth every step.  I am pleased with how this card turned out and for me, it truly represents the true meaning of Christmas.

Sometimes in the middle of all the tasks of making Christmas 'perfect' I need to step back, regroup, and remember what truly makes Christmas perfect.  It's not the presents, it's the Presence.

Feel free to leave a comment.  If you have questions, please ask.

Merry Christmas Blessings~
RaeDeen

Supply List:
Stamp Sets: Banners for Christmas, Reason for the Season
Card Stock: Whisper White
Ink: Versa Mark, Real Red
Other: heat and stick powder, Real Red glitter, embossing buddy, heat tool, Darcie Photo Frame embossing folder.

No comments:

Post a Comment