Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Male Cable Knit Gift Card Holder

Hi there, Stampin' Friends! I've been working at creating a male version of the Cable Knit Gift Card Holder.  I was going for a 'western style'.  After some trial and error, this is what I have come up with.


There are a few couple of differences in the two gift card holders other than the obvious black tie or purple tie...pocket placement and 'buttons'.

Here is the black tie one:

The pockets are towards the top of the sweater and the rhinestone buttons were colored with a silver sharpie.

And now for the purple one...



The pockets are near the bottom of the sweater and the rhinestones are as is...no color altering. I also moved the envelope when I placed it in the Cable Knit embossing folder so the cables were on the sides and not down the center. I did not add a greeting.  I will wait until I am ready to use it and then add the appropriate one.

Which one do you like the best?   Please leave a comment and let me know.

Supply List:
Card Stock: Basic Black, Whisper White, Elegant Eggplant
Other: Big Shot, Cable Knit embossing folder, Gift Card Envelope & Trims thinlits, rhinestones, and adhesives.

Blessings ~
RaeDeen

4 comments:

  1. Totally brilliant!! Love them both but I prefer the button placement on the purple tie folder. For a good Father Knows Best version how about a green sweater with a red tie? LOL. The truly tricky part would be creating an Icelandic pattern multi colored sweater like my father in law used to wear on Christmas Eve. Thanks for sharing your creative brilliance.
    P.S. Loved the feminine version too! Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You, Ms. Jean for taking the time to leave a comment!! I like the purple tie holder the best too. I like the pocket placement at the bottom. Green Sweater/red tie...never crossed my mind. lol An Icelandic pattern...you certainly know how to throw out a challenge. I'll give it a play and see if I can come up with something. The possibilities are endless with this gift card. Merry Christmas to you, also, Friend!

      Delete
  2. Totally brilliant!! Love them both but I prefer the button placement on the purple tie folder. For a good Father Knows Best version how about a green sweater with a red tie? LOL. The truly tricky part would be creating an Icelandic pattern multi colored sweater like my father in law used to wear on Christmas Eve. Thanks for sharing your creative brilliance.
    P.S. Loved the feminine version too! Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are AMAZING! I know I'll be CASEing them sooner or later!!

    ReplyDelete