Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Happy 100th Birthday

Hi there, Stampin' Friends! A dear friend of mine asked me to make a 100th Birthday card for a dear friend of hers.  The 'requirements' were: roses....red roses, Happy 100th Birthday, and some type of blessing. If I could incorporate the recipient's name it it, it would make it even more special.  She fell in love with this easel card I had made and she said it would be nice to have something similar to that.  I asked if she would like to have a box to put the card in and she thought that would be fantastic!

So I had a starting point.  I knew I wanted it elegant and sparkly.  This is what I created.....

Here is the card closed:


Open:

I was pleased with how the card turned out and I had met most of the requirements:  red roses, Happy 100th Birthday, a Blessing, an easel card....now I just had to figure out a box and how to get Ms. RoxaBelle's name on it.  I don't have any cursive stamps and I knew I wouldn't be able to get the look I was going for with a computer generated name.  I enlisted the help of friends!

For the box I had recently seen a video on Stampin Connection (our demo only site) and knew it would be perfect for this card!  Linda Parker made this awesome  Envelope Punchboard box video!  Thank you, Linda!  I created the box in no time and was ready for the embellishments....the name and a cluster of roses....the name....how to get that on the box...and then a light shown...I have a precious Sister in Christ who has a silhouette machine!  Off I went to her home with my glitter paper!  We sat down and prayed together over the project and the beloved celebrating her 100th Birthday. We went through pages and pages and pages of fonts until we found one we liked and one that would work.  She did her thing on the computer and in no time had a beautiful name embellishment cut out for the special box!  I couldn't have done it without her and I am grateful!  It was absolutely perfect! Thank You, Sister Sharri!!

Here is the gorgeous box!  I added an elegant touch by tying the box shut with Very Vanilla satin ribbon under the cluster of roses and RoxaBelle's name.  Unfortunately, I didn't get a photo of that.   It finished it of beautifully though!!

Here is a closeup of the rose cluster:
My dear friend was overwhelmed, to say the least, when I showed the box/card to her.  It was 'above and beyond anything she expected' as she put it.  My heart was soaring with Joy to be a part of something so special. What a blessing it is to be serve others with paper, stamps, and ink!

If you have questions, please feel free to ask.  And if you feel lead to leave a kind comment, it will be much appreciated and treasured!

Blessings~
RaeDeen

Supply List:
Stamp Sets: Memorable Moments (Happy Birthday, retired), Trust God, Helping Me Grow, Rose Wonder (frame for Blessing)
Card Stock: Very Vanilla, Cherry Cobbler, Garden Green, Gold Glimmer paper
Ink: Versa Mark
Other: Gold embossing powder, Big Shot, Botanical Builder Framelits (roses and leaves),  Rose Garden thinlits, Oval Framelits, Little Numbers thinlits, Very Vanilla satin ribbon (not pictured), Wink of Stella clear, gold thread, Frost shimmer mist (retired), liquid tombow glue, dimensionals,  hot glue gun, and a friend with a silhouette

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card! You inspire me with your gift!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet comment, Michele! You do beautiful work, yourself, you know!

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful card! You inspire me with your gift!

    ReplyDelete