Tuesday, February 9, 2016

My Friend

Hi there, Stampin' Friends! Today's post is an extra special one for me because it touches my heart in a very deep place.  It's all about Friends..or in this case...one very special Friend.  She has encouraged me through some pretty rough spots in my journey and she didn't even realize she was doing it!! Her heart is beautiful and her words are always kind and uplifting.  She has a way of brightening my dullest days. We live over 1100 miles from each other and yet, she has a way of making me feel like she is right here beside me! Cheering me on and cheering for me.  And you want to know something else about My Friend....I've never even met her! Yes, you read that right. We formed a friendship on Stampin' Connection (a site for demos only) a few years ago.  It all started with a butterfly pin I had made.  She commented on it and I commented back that I would send her one...and I did. (a little later than I had planned but I got it to her)  Our friendship has blossomed into something I treasure...and so does she!

So Dearest Donna....this Post is for You and because of You!  It just goes to show that Stamping is a whole lot more than paper, ink, and stamps...and dies, and ribbon, and glue....it is the friendships that we build along the way that last a lifetime and enrich our every days.  I am truly blessed to call you "My Friend"!!!!!  I Love You!

Here is the card I made for My Friend: (Click on the photo to make it larger. I think you will be able to see the sparkle better. It was difficult to photograph)


Are you wondering what those teeny tiny red dots are in the center of the flowers of the heart die? They are the center of the red glimmer flowers.  The centers pop out when you cut out the die and I saved them and used them for the centers of the other flowers!  How fun!!

The inside reads:    A friend is someone who
                                      strengthens you
                                        with prayers,
                                  blesses you with love,
                                   and encourages you
                                         with hope.

Thank you for looking!  If you have questions, please ask! Feel free to leave a comment. They are always appreciated!

Supply List:
Card Stock: Shimmery White, Red Glimmer
Stamp Set: Six-Sided Sampler, God's Blessings (retired)
Ink: Black Momento
Other: Big Shot, Bloomin' Heart Thinlits, Big Shot Die Brush, Bitty Butterfly punch, dimensionals, Tombow liquid glue, and lots of love and gratitude

Blessings~
RaeDeen

1 comment:

  1. Dearest, sweetest friend, RaeDeen, How is it that you have rendered me "speechless!?" (LOL) We've written since I'd received this beautiful card in yesterday's mail! I am FILLED with love and joy over holding this especially-made beauty and for our friendship, but in addition, to be the sweetly loved subject of today's "blog post?!!!" Goodness, I don't know if my heart can feel any more full?! THANK YOU for your love and goodness and friendship and for giving to me in times of need, as well! You are a beacon of strength and love! May you always be richly blessed! Have a beautiful, blessed day and week and year! I love YOU, and Thank You! xox Donna

    ReplyDelete