Thursday, October 22, 2015

Glitter and Gold and Pearls!

Hi there, Stampin' Friends.  Today's card is full of sparkle and no matter how hard I try, I can't capture the true beauty with my camera!  I shared a few days ago how much fun I was having with the heat and stick powder and glitter.  My stampin' area is a bit sparkly but this card is a LOT sparkly and I just love it!

I used one of my all time favorite stamps, Post Card. (my little heart almost broke when Stampin' Up! put it on the retiring list.  However, it will continue to hold it's own special place in my stamp collection!)  I inked the stamp up with versa mark, stamped it onto Very Vanilla card stock, covered it with heat and stick powder, melted the powder with my heat tool and then covered it with gold glitter and heated it just a bit more to set the glitter.

The flower was created by punching the petals (Very Vanilla) and leaves (Always Artichoke) with the Festive Flower Builder Punch. I used the faux suede technique on each petal and leaf.  I spritzed them with a mixture of alcohol and gold metallic ink.  Once they were dry, I shaped each petal and used my finger to add more of the gold metallic paint undiluted.  Stacked all the layers to create a flower and added gold thread to the back before adding it to the card front.  I then added pearls to the center.

Here is another angle:
And one more of the whole card:
I love the vintage  appearance of this card.  The glitter really makes a huge statement!  My neighbor lady, who is also a pretty special friend, fell in love with this card.  She's hoping it's the Christmas card I give her this year! : )

If you have questions, please ask.  Feel free to leave a comment also.

Blessings ~
RaeDeen

Recipe:
Stamp Set: Reason for the Season, Post Card
Card Stock: Very Vanilla, Always Artichoke
Ink: Versa Mark
Other: Festive Flower Builder Punch, Heat and Stick Powder, Gold Glitter, FolkArt Metallic Gold paint #660 Pure Gold, piercing mat, chalk marker (I used the end as a stylus to break down the fibers for the faux suede),  1", 3/4", and 1/2" circle punches (to add my petals to for each layer), Gold thread, dimensionals, Tombow liquid glue, pearls

No comments:

Post a Comment