Monday, August 24, 2015

Timeless Love Anniversary

I have a card to share today that I created for a very special couple who are celebrating their 24th Wedding Anniversary.  I am absolutely loving the Brick Wall embossing folder! 

I started by stamping the floral spray in two corners in Black Stazon onto Very Vanilla card stock.  I colored the images in with reinkers and an aqua painter. I added the yellow stickles (non SU) to the center of the flowers.  I let the stickles dry completely before I ran the card front through the Big Shot in the Brick Wall embossing folder.  Soft Suede ink was sponged over the entire front. I ran the just the edges of my card through my Versa Mark ink pad, covered them in gold embossing powder and heat set.  The ribbon is white seam binding dyed with the Island Indigo reinker.  Stamped the greeting onto Very Vanilla card stock and cut it out using the Deco Labels framelits. The smaller floral spray was stamped, colored, and stickled.   The butterfly is from the Hostess set Best Thoughts.  It was stamped on a scrap of VV, colored and cut out.  I used my fingers to bend it up a bit and add dimension.

The butterfly was glued on using Tombow Multi purpose glue just in the center of the wings. The rest of the wings and body are not glued. The top card layer was attached to an Island Indigo card base.


For the inside panel, I ran a very small section of the VV card stock through the Brick Wall folder and sponged it with Soft Suede. I did the edges of the card stock in the gold embossing powder to match the front panel.  The small floral image is stamped in the upper left corner, colored, and stickled also. (It's just not visible in the photo as I had written my message before I remembered that I hadn't photographed the inside panel).

If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to leave them.  I am off to hand deliver this card to my favorite sister and brother (in law)...ok...she is my only sister but she is still my very favorite! And he is my only brother-in-law, however he is more like a brother to me.

Blessings,
RaeDeen

Recipe:
Stamp Sets: Best Thoughts, Timeless Love
Card Stock: Very Vanilla, Island Indigo
Ink: Black Stazon, Soft Suede for sponging, Island Indigo and Mossy Meadow reinkers, Versa Mark
Other: Big Shot, Brick Wall embossing folder, Deco Label framelits, seam binding, dimensionals, Tombow multi purpose glue, sponge, gold embossing powder, and stickles (non Stampin' UP!)

2 comments:

  1. I was looking for some creative ideas for a sympathy card I need to make. Your beautiful card has given me just the inspiration I need. Thank you for sharing your wonderful talent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You, Rita for your kind comment. I am so glad you were inspired by my work.

    ReplyDelete