Monday, September 29, 2014

Elegant Western Wedding

Hi there, Stampin' Friends.  My daughter asked me to create a wedding card...it had to be western but it also had to be elegant!  That sent my thoughts spinning round and round.  The colors had to be black and purple and she needed it by next weekend.  YEEK!  Sometimes it takes me that long to come up with an idea.  I spent some time out of a couple of days making black and purple roses...thus the elegant part.  Western part....well, barns and twine come to my mind....and horses (or in this case a horseshoe!)  Here is what I ended up with......

I used the Wonderful Wreath Framelits and stamped the entire wreath in Soft Suede with the pine branch stamp from the set Ornamental Pine.  The center of the wreath is cut with a circle framelit instead of the inside framelit that come with the wreath framelits.   The roses were created with the Martha Stewart medium retro flower punch.  The 'barn door" was made by stamping the Hardwood stamp onto Soft Suede card stock with Soft Suede ink.  I used the matching marker to enhance the solid lines and also to add 'nails'.  I sponged over the 'door' with white craft ink.  The hinges were made using the Petite Pennants Builder punch.  I hope this meets the 'requirements' of elegant and western!  I enjoyed creating it.  It's nice to be challenged sometimes!

A close up:


 Thank you for looking!  If you questions or comments, please feel free to leave them for me.

Blessings ~
RaeDeen

Supply List:
Stamp Sets: Hardwood, Ornamental Pine, Label Love (banner), From This Day Forward (retired),  Out West (for the horseshoe; retired)
Card Stock: Soft Suede, Basic Black, Elegant Eggplant, Whisper White
Ink: Soft Suede, White Craft, Soft Suede marker
Other: Wonderful Wreath Framelit Dies, Hole punch with Silver Dazzling Details, Martha Stewart medium retro flower punch and pine branch punch, twine from my stash, a non-Stampin' Up! brad, Stamp a ma jig (to alter the arrangement of the words on the Label Love stamp), Tombow liquid glue, hot glue, and foam mounting tape

No comments:

Post a Comment