Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Gatefold Shaving Cream Technique

Hi there, Stampin' Friends!   Here is the second April 2014 Make n Take.  I shared in my last post that my goal was to post photos and a video showing how our monthly samples are created.  I have a great group of  ladies and they suggested I make videos so they have a reference to refer to regarding how we created our projects.  Please keep mind that these are my first two videos 'filming solo'.  I am 'out of frame' here and there.  I'll be working on that problem in future videos!

This sample is a Gate Fold.  We used the clear acrylic blocks, shaving cream, and reinkers to create the smaller butterfly.  I also had samples showing the use of the leftover card stock, which I will post in the next few days.


Here is a view of the card open:

A close up of the butterflies.


You can view the video to get all the visual details.
Supply List:
Stamp Set: Itty Bitty Banners
Card Stock: Coastal Cabana, Soft Suede, Very Vanilla
Ink: Coastal Cabana reinker, Baked Brown Sugar reinker, Soft Suede
Scoring Board, Big Shot, Woodgrain embossing folder, Fancy Fan embossing folder, Bitty Banners framelits, Beautiful Butterflies Bigz die, magnetic plate, Barbasol shaving cream, acrylic blocks, pearls, tombow liquid glue

If you have questions, please ask! Feel free to leave a comment.

Blessings~
RaeDeen

1 comment:

  1. Hello RaeDeen! I just found your blog and am finding lots of inspiration from your beautiful creations! Love your video showing your shaving creme technique ... so much neater and easier to clean up than the technique I have used in the past! Also want to commend you for the scripture on your blog banner and your clear testimony of your love for our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ! I plan to be a regular visitor to your blog. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete