Monday, April 14, 2014

Gift Card Holder

Hi there, Stampin' Friends!  Today I am sharing the first Make n Take we did for our April 2014 Stamp Club.  My goal is to post the photos and create a video showing how to create the monthly projects.  Keep in mind that this is the first time I have 'filmed solo' and I had a difficult time here and there staying 'in frame' when I made the video.  After the fourth attempt at making this video, I just had to settle with what I had.  It's a new beginning!

On with the card.....With graduation just around the corner, I wanted to create a simple gift card/money holder.  With inspiration from Jackie Topa (the graduation cap and tassle) and Sue Philips (gift card holder),  I was able to add my own touches.  This is what I came up with....

 The card ties shut with a knot or a bow on the side.

Here is an open view.  A Gift Card (it's the only one I had on hand) or Cash slips right into the left pocket.  The right pocket provides the perfect place for a personal message for the recipient!  A quick and easy project that doesn't need an envelope if you are hand-delivering at the Graduation Reception!

*A special note to my Stampin' Ladies....I figured out where that other piece of  Baker's Twine was meant to go. : )    If you'd like to see how this comes together, you may view the video.  Subscribe to my YouTube Channel so you don't miss future video posts.



Supply List:
Stamp Set: Pure Gumption
Card Stock: Basic Black, Real Red, Whisper White, Silver Glimmer Paper
Ink: Black Stazon
Score Board, Scissors, Big Shot, Fancy Fan embossing folder, Typeset Alphabet die, Triangle punch, Whisper White taffeta ribbon, Whisper White Baker's Twine, Silver mini brads, paper piercer, Tombow liquid glue, Black Sharpie marker

Feel free to leave a comment and if you have questions, please ask!

Blessings,
RaeDeen

No comments:

Post a Comment