Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Vellum Sunflower

Hi there, Stampin' Friends! For today's card, I have used the beautiful Sunflower stamp.  I was always inspired by my Mom's coloring abilities.  My goal as a child was to become as good as she was...I'm still working on it! 
I stamped the Sunflower in Black Stazon on Whisper White card stock and colored with shades of yellow and brown.  I achieved this by opening my ink pad, placing a drip of reinker in the lid, picking some up with my aqua painter, and 'painting' onto the image.  Once the image had dried, I 'water-colored' the background with Island Indigo ink.



I had seen a card on Stampin' Connection encased in vellum and I really liked the effect.  I knew I didn't want to use any type of adhesive so I dyed Vanilla seam binding with Crushed Curry ink, distressed it, let it dry, and tied it on my card.  Here is the finished product...


The vellum really changes the overall look of this card.  I like the muted appearance.  I will stamp a sentiment on the vellum with black stazon when I decide 'what kind' of card I am going to use it for.  It could be used for just about anything: Birthday, Thinking of You, Wedding, Sympathy.  It could even work for a masculine card...just untie the bow and make it a knot!

Supply List:
Stamp Set: Sunflower
Card Stock: Whisper White, Vellum
Ink: So Saffron, Daffodil Delight, Crushed Curry, Chocolate Chip, Early Espresso, Island Indigo
Other: Vanilla seam binding, Aqua Painter, White gel pen

Please feel free to leave a comment and if you have questions, please ask!  Thank you for looking!!

Blessings ~ RaeDeen

2 comments:

  1. I think you have done a beautiful job. Very creative and different. Thanks for all the details.

    ReplyDelete