Monday, August 12, 2013

Chicken Wire Pennant Frame

Hi there, Stampin' Friends!  I've been admiring all the frames made with chicken wire.  It has been on my list of things to try for some time now. My nephew's wedding was the perfect event to motivate me to put my plans into action.

The frame was in my collection of things to alter.  I removed the picture and glass and stapled the wire to the back of the frame. I cut stripes of cork and hot glued them over the staples and sharp edges of the wire to protect not only the wall but also fingers! I painted the little clothes pins with acrylic paint.  The banner was made using the Perfect Pennants die, Timeless Type Alphabet Junior sizzlits (retired) and some retired Stampin' Up! twine. I added pictures of the happy couple and tags made using the retired extra large tag punch and the stamp set, Trust God. ("God Bless You",  "Thank God for what you have. Trust God for what you need.", "God is Love",  "Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply, Speak Kindly, Leave the rest to God",  "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding".) I made the hanger out of some thick ribbon I had tucked away.  I left it extra long so they could decide how long they would like the hanger and can adjust it to their liking. 


Supply List:
Stamp Set: Trust God
Card Stock: Basic Gray, Tempting Turquoise
Ink: Basic Gray
Frame, Chicken Wire, ribbon for hanger, small clothes pins, Tag Punch (retired), Perfect Pennants Bigz L die, Timeless Type Alphabet Junior sizzlits (retired)

Please feel free to leave a comment and if you have any questions, please ask!

Blessings ~ RaeDeen

No comments:

Post a Comment