Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Succulent Prayer Box

Hi there, Stampin' Friends!  We made this project as a Make and Take, Saturday. They turned out beautiful.  I had purchased some heart shaped boxes and painted them by mixing white acrylic paint and drips of Sweet Sugarplum reinker.  Then the fun began by creating a succulent center piece to adorn the top of the box.

This succulent was created using Smokey Slate card stock. (If you are wondering how that sweet little center was created, I will post a video at the end of this to show you.)  A little piece of doily peeks out from under the succulent to add a touch of elegance.

Here is a photo of the inside:

I used the retired Heart framelits to cut a piece of Sweet Sugarplum cs and stamped it with the 'note from God' and attached it to the inside of the lid.  Several more hearts were cut out of copy paper and placed inside the bottom for writing prayer concerns that need to be handed over to God.

The box idea was inspired by my fellow demonstrator, Areli Johnson and this project she created.  The prayer part of the prayer box was inspired by this:

When your head
starts to worry,
and your mind just
can't rest, put your 
prayers down on paper,
and let God do the rest.

and....

A couple of years ago, I was visiting with a Sister in Christ about some things that were extremely heavy on my heart.  She suggested I write those things down, put them in a box, and give them to God.  When I found myself worrying about those things, I was to go and get the paper back out of the box and physically carry it around in my hand until I was ready to lay it back in God's Hands and trust Him. So I did! I wrote those things down and put them in a old glasses case.  There were days I would catch myself starting to worry and realize I had too much to do that day that I needed both hands for.  I would ask for forgiveness and give it back to God.  In all honesty, there were also days that I was absolutely exhausted from (as I shared with my friend) laying it down and picking it back up, laying it down and picking it back up, laying it down and picking it back up.....letting go is a process for me...but as I realize more and more there are so few things in my life I have control over, it is a blessing beyond belief to know that there is Someone who is in control of everything and He is completely capable of handling it all!

 ....and now I can retire that old glasses case and put my prayers in a pretty little box and keep on learning to trust!

Here is the video:  (if you are receiving this by email, you will have to click on the blog title "Succulent Prayer Box" at the top of this post to view the video.


Blessings ~
RaeDeen

Supply List:
Stamp Set: Sending Thoughts
Card Stock: Smokey Slate
Ink: White Craft, Mint Macaron, Sweet Sugarplum (and reinker), Rich Razzleberry
Other: Big Shot, Succulent Framelits, Qtip, craft scissors, Tombow liquid glue, Shimmer Mist, doily, copy paper, heart shaped box, acrylic paint, paint brush to mix the paint and reinker and paint the box, sponge daubers, stylus, embossing mat, silicone craft mat




3 comments:

  1. What a sweet prayer box and poem and such a sweet and powerful testimony you shared with us today! Your post brings to my mind the Bible story in 2 Kings 19. King Hezekiah who was greatly troubled by a threatening letter he had received, took the letter to the temple and spread it out before the Lord and asked the Lord to help in a situation that was so desperate only the Lord could solve it. In my prayers, I sometimes picture myself doing just like King Hezekiah ... writing down my prayer requests and spreading them out before the Lord trusting Him to bring the victory.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rita for sharing this Scripture! It will enrich my prayer life. Blessings to you, Sister.

      Delete
  2. Blessings to you, also, RaeDeen!! Thank you for all your inspiring posts and paper crafting projects, sweet sister!

    ReplyDelete