Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Happiest Birthday Easel

Hi there, Stampin' Friends!  Today's card was created for a special friend. She is also my neighbor, our church organist, and a librarian.  I always enjoy making a card for someone that I know.  It's fulfilling to add those extra special elements, knowing it is something they like.  Her favorite colors are red and brown. She enjoys flowers although growing them in her yard is a community effort.  She says she 'can't grow anything' but I can see many friendships flourishing and blooming as we all pool our knowledge of what is a weed and what is not a weed, what needs sun or shade, and the famous question, "What did you tell me this was again?".  There's nothing better than living in a small town and the joy that grows from knowing your neighbors aren't just your neighbors....they are also your friends!  I am so blessed.

I wanted to create something that she could display and enjoy for longer than just that one special day.  An easel card is the perfect solution!

Here is the card closed: Click on the images to make them larger.


The Label Framelits make it quick and easy to create a shaped card and add layers along the way.  Although my doily sizzlit proved to be a challenge when I first received it, I LOVE it now that I have learned how to make it cut through all those intricate details.  Kay Kalthoff, a demonstrator on Stampin' Connection, provided this video showing how to get beautiful results with the Doily Sizzlits. 

Here is the card open:

 The label on the inside has double duty.  It provides the means to keep the card open and a place to for a hand-written message!

Here is a closeup of  the front to show the gorgeous details of this stamp.  I used my reinkers in the lids of my stamp pads along with my blender pens to color the image in.  The flowers are outlined with a light blue marker to add depth and I sponged over the image with Summer Starfruit.  The outer edge of the layer and the doily are sponged with Soft Suede.


I hope you've enjoyed my easel card and are inspired to create one. You can find tutorials on Splitcoaststampers by searching 'easel card'.  Please feel free to leave a comment and if you have any questions, please ask!

Supply List:
Stamp Set: Apothecary Art
Card Stock: Cherry Cobbler, Soft Suede, Very Vanilla
Ink: Cherry Cobbler, Gumball Green, and Pool Party markers, Summer Starfruit and Soft Suede for sponging
Extras: Labels Collection Framelits, Paper Doily Sizzlits L,  Square Lattice embossing folder, Cherry Cobbler seam binding,  1/8" hole punch, Tombow Multi Purpose Liquid Glue, Champagne Shimmer Mist: retired:(made with Champagne shimmer paint and rubbing alcohol)

Stamping for His Glory!
Blessings ~  RaeDeen

No comments:

Post a Comment