Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Altered Envelpe Box

I attended a Wedding Shower for my nephew and his bride-to-be this passed Sunday.  I wanted to give them something special and unique.  I wanted it to be something they didn't already have and definitely something they could use.  As I pondered, I thought, why not give them something that I love and something that is part of who I am. They had opened many gifts and then my gift came up on the table. My nephew took one look at the box and said, "This is from my Aunt Deen!"  Before he even opened it, he knew who had made it.  My heart overflowed with JOY.  I had already accomplished one goal...something special that is a part of me.

I took an empty envelope box, took it apart, painted it, stamped it, reassembled, decorated the top, and filled it with handmade cards and a book of stamps. I included 4 Sympathy, 4 Thinking of you, 4 Happy Birthday, and 4 Thank you cards.  I made sure to include some masculine cards also.

Here is the finished gift...

                                                                   The Box (front view)

         

                                                            Top View


Supply List:
An empty envelope box, ivory acrylic paint, Basic Gray and Black reinkers, foam brush
Stamp Sets: Loving Thoughts, Very Vintage wheel, Everything Eleanor, and a retired flower stamp
Card Stock: Smokey Slate, Whisper White, and Cherry Cobbler
Ink: Basic Gray, Black Stazon
Owl Builder Punch, Bird Builder Punch, Heart Framelits, Lattice embossing folder, Gray Satin ribbon (retired), pearls, Crystal Effects, Champagne Shimmer Mist (retired), dimensionals

Please feel free to leave a comment and if you have questions, please ask!

Love what you do and do what you love.

Blessings ~ RaeDeen

No comments:

Post a Comment