Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Lovely as a Tree Watercolor Sympathy

Hi there, Stampin' Friends!  Our April Make and Takes were based on watercoloring...simple techniques using water, reinkers, and stamps for this sample.
Water coloring can be so relaxing and produce beautiful results when you are finished.  Many times your results will look much different when the coloring is completely dry.  The ink has a tendency to dry much lighter than it appears when it is fresh and wet.  Starting out light and adding more ink as you desire a darker appearance is a good rule of thumb.  I am not in any way, shape or form an expert in water coloring.  However, I enjoy doing it and learning as I go.  I've come a long way since the first few times I tried it and I certainly have a lot more to learn.  The most important suggestions I have to offer are practice, practice, practice!  Relax, enjoy, create....It's YOUR art piece...do what makes your eyes and heart happy!


I have created a video showing how I created this card.  As you will see in the beginning of the video, no two end up the same.  You can change the appearance of your focal point by adding more or less water and ink.

Here is the video.


Feel free to leave a comment and if you have questions, please ask!

Blessings~
RaeDeen

Supply List:
Stamp Sets: Lovely as a Tree, High Tide, Rose Wonder
Card Stock: Whisper White, Water color paper
Ink:Reinkers in Bermuda Bay, Old Olive, Soft Suede (optional), Black Archival, Always Artichoke
Other: Aqua Painter, Spritzer filled with water, Tombow Liquid multi purpose glue


3 comments:

  1. Wow - I LOVE this gorgeous scene, RaeDeen! You got such great movement in the sky with the clouds and the birds! These are beautiful little pieces of art!
    PS it was lovely to hear your voice on the video too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw...Thanks Stephanie! They really did turn out pretty, didn't they? It's amazing what you can do with a little ink and a little water.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! This stamp set is the most used set in my collection.

    ReplyDelete