Sunday, January 29, 2017

More Hot Glue Embossing

Hi there, Stampin' Friends!  In my previous post I shared I had 4 pieces drying.  Today I will share what became of them.  I am still so glad I tried this technique!  I learned some new things along the way and I will share them as we go through the cards.




Pacific Point and Basic Gray reinkers, Silver embossing powder


Basic Gray and Real Red reinkers, Silver embossing powder
After the watercolor panel on this card had dried, I spotted what looks to be a silhouette of a man's head in the lower right corner.  However, when I photographed it, I saw something more...I see arms raised and on the left arm, I can see a hand.  (click on the photo to enlarge it)  This is what it speaks to me, "Even in your crafting time, I am with you and I love you".

Real Red, Daffodil Delight, Garden Green, and Pacific Point reinkers
Let me tell you a little about this one...as I mentioned last time, I put my hot glue down, water color my panel, and then when it is all dry, I add the embossing powder.  My 'plan' on this one was to use white embossing powder over the hot glue. When I warmed the glue back up and added the embossing powder, the powder stuck terribly in the center of the balloons but not good to the hot glue!!  I brushed off what powder I could with a dry paint brush and then used my heat tool to melt what little had stuck where I wanted it.  So then I had this 'brilliant' idea to use my embossing buddy so my next coating of embossing powder wouldn't stick to the inside of the balloons...that might have been a good idea IF the hot glue had been cool.  However, it was not!!  When I wiped over the green balloon, my embossing buddy stuck in the glue! When I pulled my embossing buddy off, the glue came with it.  So...I ended up using my silicone craft mat and heat tool to remove the rest of the hot glue from the balloons! I accomplished this task in a not so timely matter by getting the glue good and hot with my heat tool, then I laid my craft mat over the image and pressed it into the hot glue...thus lifting it from the card stock onto the craft mat.  I would NOT recommend trying this at home! :)  It takes a long time, a lot of patience, and still leaves a shiny outline of the hot glue.  But Hey! It is Art...or that's what I'm calling it anyway!


This one I did on Thick Whisper White card stock NOT water color paper!  The only reinker I used was Soft Suede for the frame and background.  I started with the frame and did the Hot Glue Embossing on it. I added black embossing powder to the hot glue.  I was ecstatic this time that some of the embossing powder strayed and stayed on my card stock. It adds so much character to this card.  The background panel was also done on the Thick card stock.  I inked up the inside of the new Hexagon Dynamic Textured Impressions embossing folder, placed my card stock inside, closed the folder and ran my brayer over the folder to press the versa mark onto the card stock.  I then heat embossed the image with black embossing powder and water colored it with lots and lots of water and the Soft Suede reinker.  When everything was dry, I used double sided tape to adhere the frame to the background. The chickens, egg, and word bubble were also created on the Thick card stock.  They are embossed with black embossing powder too and water colored with Soft Suede, Daffodil Delight, and Real Red reinkers.  I created dimension by gluing the chickens bodies down flat and leaving their tails and heads glue free.  The sweet little egg is popped up with dimensional pieces. The finished panel was mounted on a Crumb Cake note card.

What great fun this technique has been! Please feel free to leave a comment and if you have questions, please ask!

Blessing~
RaeDeen

Supply List:
Stamp Set: Teeny Tiny Wishes, Sealed With Love, Hey, Chick
Card Stock: Watercolor, Thick Whisper White, Crumb Cake note card
Ink: Versa Mark, Archival Black  Reinkers: Pacific Point, Basic Gray, Real Red, Daffodil Delight, Garden Green, Soft Suede
Other: Hot Glue, Silver, White, and Black embossing powder, heat tool, aqua painter, Hexagon embossing folder, Big Shot, Word Bubbles Framelits (retired), double sided tape, liquid Tombow, and dimensionals

3 comments:

  1. Oh .... my .... goodness!!!! You've really blown my mind with these cards - they are so creative and gorgeous! I was very intrigued by the balloons and love the story of their creation. Just proves that there are no mistakes when it comes to crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would love to see a video of how ou did this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michele, I haven't personally done a video on this technique. Here is a link to the video I watched to learned from http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/hotglueembossing/ It was way out of my comfort zone. However, once I tried it, it was rather addicting, freeing, and a lot of fun! Hope you get to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete