Friday, August 8, 2014

Butterflies and Cotton Balls

Hi there, Stampin' Friends!  I have a technique to share with you today I learned by watching a video created by Deb Valder, a fellow Stampin' Up! Demonstrator.  I am grateful for my Stampin' Up! family and the inspiration we share with each other.  Thank you, Deb, for your creativity!

I have done this technique before without the cotton balls.  However, the cotton does add some extra dimension and some 'staying power' over time.

Here is my first creation and I'm guessing it won't be my last!

Of course, the photo does not do this card justice.  But in real life, it beholds amazing dimension.  There are cotton balls behind the center of the sun and each of the butterflies.  I used my stylus to dry emboss the sun, butterflies and the grass. The grass does not have cotton under it but it still adds a fun texture!  The grass is stamped with just the edge of the sun stamp in Mossy Meadow!  It's always fun to find a use for a stamp other than what it is created for!

This card is in the process of finding its way to a Stampin' Up! Sister in a 'far away land'.  She has a special love for butterflies and I sure hope it brightens her days.  She has brightened so many of mine!!

Thanks for looking and if you have questions, please ask!  Feel free to leave a  comment.   Each and every one is much appreciated!

Blessings ~
RaeDeen

Supply List:
Stamp Sets: Kinda Eclectic, Papillon Potpourri
Card Stock: Whisper White, Tangelo Twist, Basic Black
Ink: Momento Tuxedo Black, Hello Honey, Mossy Meadow, Lost Lagoon
Other: Blendabilities (Pumpkin Pie, Skin Tones, and Color Lifter), Stylus, Piercing Mat, Cotton Balls, Sponges, Tombow liquid glue

No comments:

Post a Comment