Thursday, August 29, 2013

Santa Ornament

Hi there, Stampin' Friends. I recently saw a beautiful card posted on Stampin' Connection ( a site for demos only) using the Festive Flurry Framelits Bundle (found on pg. 30 of the Stampin' Up! Holiday Catalog) to create a card with a removable ornament.  I thought it was not only a gorgeous card but a brilliant idea to create an ornament as a little gift. My version is much more 'vintagey' and I did not use the matching stamp set that comes with the bundle.  Here is where my creativity took me...


The background was created using the Northern Flurry embossing folder and Gold Metallic Encore ink. I opened the folder, inked up the smooth side of the folder with the gold ink, placed my Very Vanilla card stock in it, closed the folder and ran it through the Big Shot. I had to add a little more ink with a sponge to even it out and I also stamped the dots from the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set. The saying was stamped in Versa Mark, covered with Gold embossing powder, and heat set.

                                              Here is a close up of the removable ornament:

The ornament was created by cutting the largest snowflake from the Festive Flurry Framelits out of Very Vanilla card stock.  I used my Stamp a ma jig to position the Santa in the center of the snowflake and stamped him in Black Stazon. I used ink (listed below) and an aqua painter (without water) to color the image. I added crystal effects to his glasses. After the crystal effects was dry, I created a 'mask' by stamping the Santa stamp on a scrap of printer paper and then cut it out. I placed the mask over the colored image and sponged Baked Brown Sugar ink over the snowflake. Remove the mask. I cut an additional snowflake out of Baked Brown Sugar and adhered it to the back of my Santa Snowflake, pierced a hole, added the gold cording, put two glue dots on the back of the Snowflake and placed it on my card. Three small pearls in  the center of the Northern Flurry snowflakes finish it off.

Supply List:
Stamp Set: Santa's List, Gorgeous Grunge
Card Stock: Very Vanilla, Cherry Cobbler, Baked Brown Sugar
Ink: Black Stazon, Baked Brown Sugar, reinkers of  Blush Blossom, Blushing Bride, Soft Sky, Smokey Slate, Marina Mist, Cherry Cobbler, aqua painter, Gold Metallic Encore Pad, Versa Mark, Gold Embossing Powder

Festive Flurry Framelits, Northern Flurry embossing folder, Stamp a ma jig, pearls, crystal effects, sponge, paper piercer, gold cording (from my stash), heat tool, glue dots

Please feel free to leave a comment and if you have any questions, please ask!

Blessings ~ RaeDeen

No comments:

Post a Comment