Saturday, August 31, 2013

Santa Ornament #2

Hi there, Stampin' Friends! I created another Santa ornament with a completely different look. Here I have used the Window Frames Collection Framelits.  I stamped Santa on Naturals White card stock with Black Stazon and colored him with reinkers and an aqua painter. I cut him out using the Big Shot, magnetic plate, and framelit. I left the Santa in the framelit,(Leaving the Santa in the framelit gives it a little more stability to trace around), set the framelit on Basic Black card stock, traced around it, and then cut the shape out with my scissors and distressed it; removed Santa from the framelit and attached him to the black layer and threaded a thin silver cording through it.   The base of the card is made by using the second to the largest framelit. I inked up the smooth side of the Pretty Print embossing folder with Smokey Slate ink, placed the card base in it and ran it through the Big Shot. The 'ornament' is attached with two glue dots so it can be easily removed.


Here is Santa all colored and sparkled by adding dazzling diamonds and crystal effects to the lenses of his glasses.

Supply List:
Stamp Set: Santa's List
Card Stock: Naturals White, Basic Black
Ink: reinkers Cherry Cobbler, Blush Blossom (retired), Blushing Bride, Smokey Slate, Marina Mist, Soft Sky; Smokey Slate ink pad
Big Shot, Windows Frames Collection Framelits, Magnetic Plate, Pretty Print embossing folder, aqua painter, silver cording (from my stash), Tombow Liquid glue, dazzling diamonds, crystal effects, glue dots

No comments:

Post a Comment